Show HN: I built 10 side projects in past 1.5 years https://ift.tt/zcvP9AH

Show HN: I built 10 side projects in past 1.5 years Hey there, Since I started my work as an engineer I have been building side projects mainly to learn and build something of value. Here's a collection of projects I built and the problems they solve (all the links are in the end): Focusly (2022): I built it on a weekend in my uni dorm when there was a lot of noise due to some fest on campus and I wanted to do some focused work. It's a collection of white noise and Lofi music to help people stay focused. This was built in 2022 but I have been actively maintaining it as it is open source and some people folks were contributing to it. sideProjectss: This is a project that many folks liked apart from HackBud and Focusly. Many folks compared it with different and popular competitors out there. sideProjectss helps you create your only page showcasing all your side projects and blogs in less than 5 minutes. Notion Blog: It's a Nextjs template to help you host and write blogs directly from Notion. HackBud: I built this last year while searching for people to participate in Hackathon but couldn't. So, I decided to build this as a submission for the Appwrite Hackathon. It helps you connect with Teams and Teammates for your next Hackathon. API load tester: I was working on some APIs and decided to build a load tester for them. This was built in Go as I was exploring it. todos: This is a CLI based to-do list for people who love to use their terminals for everything. todos-go: This is a Go version of todos. go-rate-limiter: A rate limiter written in Go. Again a part of learning and exploring Go. Bloom Filter: Bloom Filter is a data structure that gives False Positives and help to search for something in a huge database very quickly. I came across this and decided to implement a mini version of the bloom filter. Diffy: It helps you compare 2 files using longest common subsequence algorithm. A good way to understand the practical use of the algorithm. All the links: https://ift.tt/pIlLEtg Thanks for reading till here, if you are looking to collaborate with someone who can build software using the following tech stack: (Next.js, Supabase, PostgreSQL, and Flask) then let's connect (Twitter: https://ift.tt/1vx98mO )! September 9, 2024 at 01:49AM

No comments:

DAILY SPIRITUAL REFLECTION BY REV FR AWOYEMI EMMANUEL, ILORIN DIOCESE,

  HOMILY FOR MONDAY 25TH WEEK IN ORDINARY TIME B MEMORIAL OF ST PADRE PIO PIETRELCINA  { Proverbs 3:27-34; Luke 8:16-18} The theme of greatn...