Show HN: You can now cut and paste from scanned documents in Firefox https://ift.tt/MyzWivo

Show HN: You can now cut and paste from scanned documents in Firefox I just realized you can now open a PDF document in Firefox and select text directly from scanned images embedded in the document (so basically transparently reliable doing OCR). It is also surprisingly reliable, only sometimes mistaking a "oh" for a "zero" in a long string of numbers. I neither know when this was introduced nor who added this feature, but from the bottom of my heart: thank you, thank you, thank you, you have made my daily life a lot easier. I also haven't really explored the limits of the feature and under what conditions it starts failing, but: in my daily workflow so far, it's worked every time. This type of small improvements that remove a ton of daily friction are a blessing. Small thing, but I just thought I'd share this with HN in case it benefits others. May 24, 2024 at 05:52AM

No comments:

Show HN: NotesHub: cross-platform, Markdown-based note-taking app https://ift.tt/Eh9kBSX

Show HN: NotesHub: cross-platform, Markdown-based note-taking app Thank you for your comments, just some context: - The app is available for...