Show HN: I Built a Non-AI Platform for Verified Deployment Scripts https://ift.tt/BJrwWPT

Show HN: I Built a Non-AI Platform for Verified Deployment Scripts I'm a solopreneur who has bootstrapped five tech startups over the last 10 years (all of them have failed). I've hated the time I've spent uploading the apps... Jesus Christ! A couple of months back, I spent 21.4 hours trying to configure a minimum-permission automated deployment script with Docker, Go, and Cloud Run. It was my first time with Google Cloud Run (I have past experience with AWS - EC2, SQS, DynamoDB, etc.). I remember fighting long days to set up AWS… But it happened again with GCP: 1. Fragmented documentation 2. Lack of examples 3. Strange, obtuse errors 4. Setting up service accounts was a nightmare. No wonder people go for admin rights and call it a day. 5. ChatGPT and Gemini were dancing around like headless chickens. No wonder wrapper services like Vercel are successful. But, I don't want wrapper services: - They don't have what I need - They can become very expensive - They don't give me control of the services I need (Escape Hatches) Seeing this gap, I'm sharing a platform that does things differently: - You manage your infrastructure (connect directly to the cloud provider) - Infrastructure code with tools like Pulumi is created for you. 100% verified. No AI hallucinations or sorcery. - Service accounts are created for you with minimum permissions - Pulumi is set up for you, connected with the deployment keys - The infrastructure will have all the dependent services chained together in the right order - It's idempotent. Run the script as many times as you want with no duplicates or side effects - Deletes are a single command - You can use these scripts as learning tools or examples I hope this can be useful to you as it is for me! Jose P.S. I'd love any feedback to make this product better! https://deploud.com June 20, 2024 at 01:06AM

No comments:

Show HN: Goilerplate – UI Components for Go and Templ https://ift.tt/xZkom84

Show HN: Goilerplate – UI Components for Go and Templ I'm developing Goilerplate, a library of modern UI components for Go and Templ. It...