NOVENA TO OUR MOTHER OF PERPETUAL HELP 18TH-26TH JUNE

 

NOVENA TO OUR MOTHER OF PERPETUAL HELP (FEAST DAY, JUNE 27)

Beloved in Christ, 


I have heard so many miracles about this NOVENA and I'm joining all those praying and observing this prayers within these period and believing that I'm coming back to give my own testimony. God help me to pray it well. Amen

Join me too


First Day (Tuesday, 18th June)

OPENING HYMN

O Mother of Perpetual Help

O Mother of Perpetual Help,

To thee we come imploring help.

Behold us here, from far and near,

To ask of thee our help to be;

Behold us here, from far and near,

To ask of thee our help to be.


Perpetual help we beg of thee;

Our souls from sin and sorrow free;

Direct our wandering feet aright,  

And be thyself our own true light;

Direct our wandering feet aright,  

And be thyself our own true light.


And when this life is o’er for me,

This last request I ask of thee:

Obtain for me in heaven this grace,

To see my God there, face to face:

Obtain for me in heaven this grace

To see my God there, face to face.




OPENING PRAYER

(To be said on each day of the novena)


O Mary, Mother of Perpetual help, I salute you with filial devotion. I renew the consecration of myself, and all I have, to you. I thank you for your maternal protection and for the many blessings that I have received through your wondrous mercy and most powerful intercession. In all my necessities I have recourse to you with unbounded confidence, O Help of Christians, O Mother of Mercy. I beseech you now to hear my prayer and to obtain for me of your divine son the favour that I request in this novena. (here mention your petition) Obtain for me, also, dearest Mother, the grace that I may imitate you and become more like you in the practice of the virtues of humility, purity, submission to the will of God, and charity. Be my protectress in life, guard and guide me in dangers, direct me in difficulties, lead me in the way of perfection, and assist me in the hour of my death, that I may come to Jesus, and with thee enjoy him, bless him, and love him eternally in heaven. Amen.



FIRST DAY

Blessed forever be our God who made you, O Mary, so powerful, so compassionate and so ready to help. What would become of us, poor sinners, without you? With what face, after having so often deserved disgrace and punishment, could we go before our sovereign Judge, and ask of him, not only pardon, but favours, and share in eternal glory? Blessed be you, O clement Queen, for having so often interposed between divine justice and me, your most unworthy client, for having turned away God’s anger from me, and for having obtained for me so many graces. These graces are my desires and those I may and ought still to hope for from your Perpetual Help. Hence, for the time to come, whenever I feel more painfully the weight of my unworthiness, when all seems lost, and I am tempted even to despair, then especially, full of confidence will I invoke your blessed name. I will make my misery a claim on your mercy. I believe that if God lets me feel my weakness, it is to force me to cast myself into the arms of his mercy and upon you, my sweet and only hope. Deign to remember this resolution in my time of need, and grant that I may be faithful to it, till my last breath. Mother of Perpetual Help, grant that I may never-cease to have recourse to thee. Amen.  

SECOND DAY

How sweet it is to think that by your peerless beauty, O Holy Virgin, you ravished the heart, not of any earthy monarch, but of the King of Kings, and the Creator of the Universe! Thus you were deemed worthy to be the Mother of the Incarnate word, the dispensatrix of his graces, and the cause of our Joy. And now, enthroned at the right hand of thy Son, you draw to yourself the hearts of all the Saints, and Angels in heaven and of the just on earth. I rejoice to see you of all creatures, the most beloved, since of all others, you are the most worthy of love. But, I beseech you, O glorious Queen, forget me not, poor exile that I am, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Remember that you are raised on high to better be able to see those who suffer here below, and that you are made so powerful to help us the more readily. You know, O Mary! How I am constantly assailed by enemies from without, and by temptations from within. Be my Perpetual Help; watch over me continually, or I shall be lost.

And when through frailty I fail to call upon you in danger, receive the intention I now make of doing so. May this be ever the habitual cry of my heart. “Mother of Perpetual Help, forget me not.’ Amen. 


THIRD DAY

O MOTHER of my GOD and Saviour JESUS CHRIST, you are indeed my true Mother, and I am indeed your child. What happiness for me thus to think of you, and to be able to call you my Mother. O Queen of Angels, the title of Child of Mary is more glorious in my eyes, and mores sweet to me than all the great titles so boasted of in the world. To be called your child is dearer to me by far than the honour and dignity of any name on earth. But alas! How utterly unworthy I am of a holy Mother, who might well be ashamed of such a child as I am. You are pure as light; pious, humble, full of charity and sweetness. Your heart is as a furnace of divine love: and I am stained with countless sins, attached to earth, proud, harsh to my brethren, and cold towards my God. O my Mother, I detest my iniquities. Obtain pardon for me. I groan under my miseries, and I spread them before your pitying eyes, that you may cure them. Make me somewhat like you, save me from my evil inclinations. Mother of GOD, grow not weary at my crying, turn not away your face from me because I am so defiled; but put an end to my importunity by helping me speedily, for till you have heard me, I will not cease to cry to you. O my mother, my Mother Mary, come to my help. Be my Mother, and make me your worthy child. 

Amen.


Recite 3 Hail Marys, Our Mother of Perpetual Help, Pray for Us.


Act of Consecration to Our Mother of Perpetual Help


MOST HOLY VIRGIN MARY who, to inspire me with the fullest confidence, hast been willing to take the sweet name of Mother of Perpetual Help, I ...(mention your name)... acknowledge that my sins render me unworthy to be admitted among the number of your privileged children. Nevertheless, desirous of enjoying your merciful favour, I cast myself at your feet and humbly prostrate before you. I consecrate to you my understanding, that I may always think of you; I consecrate to you my heart in order that, after God, I may love you above all things.

O my sovereign lady, deign to receive me among the number of your favoured children, take me under your protection, help me in all my spiritual and temporal wants, but especially at the hour of my death.

O mother of Perpetual Help, I know that you love me more than I can love myself. I entrust all my interests to your care: dispose of me, and all that belongs to me, according to your good pleasure.

  O mother, bless me and by your powerful intercession, support my weakness, so that having been faithful in serving you during this life, I may praise you, love you and thank you eternally in the next. Amen.



We fly to your patronage,

O holy mother of God;

despise not our prayers in our necessities,

but deliver us from all dangers,

O ever glorious and blessed virgin Mary.

Amen!!!

No comments:

Show HN: A Modern Palletization App https://ift.tt/Wxf1SBb

Show HN: A Modern Palletization App When searching on the internet for these type of apps, I didn't find many that were open-source AND ...