Show HN: Vocabuo – The Vocabulary App https://ift.tt/8GMIXDP

Show HN: Vocabuo – The Vocabulary App Hi HN, I've made an app for language learning with spaced repetition flashcards. It takes the all of the features that I've liked from other language learning apps, removes the ones I've disliked and puts them into one package. - Cloze cards: Ich habe einen _____ (dog). - These types of cards work much better for more advanced words without 1:1 translations. - Spaced repetition is fully adjustable - Most other apps would force me to use their fixed intervals. :( - Words from content - My favorite way of learning is by watching YouTube videos in my target language, so I've added a youtube (and website) viewer to the app. - Audio, images - Each card gets AI generated image and audio. - Fast - To practice a card, you just tap it and swipe left/right. I was getting frustrated with childish exercises other apps were forcing me to do. - No gamification - Yes, that's a feature. :D - Aimed at advanced learners - A lot of apps end at B1 level (2000-3000), whereas to understand a language comfortably you need around 10 000 words, so the app aims at people who want to learn the final 7 000 words. - Words are grouped correctly - The conjugations - gehen, gehe, geht, gehst... are all considered to be the same word. Surprisingly uncommon in the language learning app space. Would love to hear your feedback! Petr https://vocabuo.com July 12, 2024 at 11:40PM

No comments:

Show HN: ServerlessAI – Build, scale, and monetize AI apps without back end https://ift.tt/Ob6z0lv

Show HN: ServerlessAI – Build, scale, and monetize AI apps without back end Hello HN, I’ve always loved building frontend-only apps—those yo...