Please stop this Police Brutality


Feeling so emotional seeing both white and black protesting against police brutality in the United States of America, especially in regards to the death of George Floyd...not just that, police brutality is being treated with so much seriousness and quick punishment rendered but in Nigeria, the opposite is the case...yes a case of a drunk police officer who has killed an unarmed person, for instance, the Nigeria police or Government will tell you they are being investigated... For Christ sake what investigation is needed in this before actions will be taken? or is it the harassment people get because they drive an expensive car? or a case where a police officer accuses you of being a fraudster (Yahoo guy) because you use an expensive phone or carry a laptop?
what is really going on? Two police officers in Atlanta USA has just been punished for Excessive brutality on citizens, it did not take the government or bodies in charge to rule out punishment against these police officers, but in my dear country, a police shots a person and lo and behold, we talk and talk and talk and Gosh..... silence ends it
This brings me to another observation I wish to state, and that is We Nigerians have formed the Habit of always protesting online (smiles), unlike what we see in the recent case in regards to the Death of George Floyd, as today marks the 6th day since protesters have been doing what they see as right in other to make sure justice is done... I know you may want to ask me what have I done for those with similar cases in Nigeria? and my answer is nothing and you know why? I am afraid!!! 
Going on a protest is not really Nigerians' problem, but rather the fact that, Policemen will be sent to calm and control protesters and what do you think could come out from this particular call to duty: Stray bullet, more brutality, well... so at times I do not blame Nigerians for acting like those in the other part of the world
Thinking though, just my thought, is it possible to take Guns from the Police? don't get me wrong, I feel making them (Nigerian Police) work with just Batons makes things easier and less brutal and thus death and injuries reduced and the fear of a policeman is the beginning of wisdom will definitely change. this brings me to the slogan by the Nigeria Police, "the police is your friend"... Are they really our friend? cos the last time I checked my dictionary, a friend is a person that has a bond of mutual affection and does our police have this?
Come to think of it, this whole police show and happenings are everywhere and the question I ask myself is, what could be the cause? is it Depression, Stress, Training, my list will go on and on and on... but still I will conclude that, the world is been threatened by a war (COVID-19) and the fear and threat of the protectors of life and property should not be a runner up in the list of our fears and anxieties.

😟😟😟😟😟
#JusticeforJustina
#JusticeforFloyd
#Justiceforallaffectedbypolicebrutality

  
   

1 comment:

Tolexty weldon said...

Hmmmm wat a Nation

Show HN: Opensidian https://ift.tt/BtzUMAR

Show HN: Opensidian https://opensidian.org/ October 13, 2026 at 02:00AM